Professional Video Overlay Processor
Professional 2-Channel Video Overlay Chroma Key Processor
This digital video effect processor is a stand alone video overlay solution for empowering users to create stunning virtual studio effects in real time. No complicated computer software needed for the operation.
This device provides clean chroma keying effect and served as a great tool for all multimedia applications involved with creating composited video effects to be used in education, advertising, media center, video studios, wedding video graphers and all post production related tasks.
This video overlay system works with all analog video cameras and is a great necessity for those cameras without chroma keying features. Even regular users can make their own amazing studio shots and stunning action scenes at home and see special composited video overlay effect results in real time just like what the professionals are doing.
Common use of video overlay techniques from this system is in the film production that integrate special effects with computer animations and backgrounds, live action video and diverse locations using video matting and color keying. Application example such as actor filmed with green backdrop and super-imposed onto a computer-generated city scene with skyrise buildings.
This video overlay processor has easy push button design allowing users to select different color keying effects and adjust the color keying level to optimize the chroma key effect and achieve the best results desired.
This system can also provide a cost effective way of overlaying computer-generated text/graphics with external video feeds together for applications such as adding computer-generated text or icons onto video for titling, captioning, advertising, logo insertion, digital signage, etc.
Multiple Inputs And Outputs
This system is featured with dual composite video inputs and dual s-video inputs for key sources and background sources to be connected together.
There are total of 4 simultaneous video outputs with 2 outputs in composite rca format and the other 2 outputs in S-Video formats, which can be further broadcast to 4 end receiving devices such as video monitors, video mixer deck and video recorders for monitoring and recording purposes.
Chroma Color Keying
Chroma key backgrounds are popular in digital video production and editing. It is a technique used for merging two images/frames together in which a color from one image is removed or made transparent, revealing another image behind it.
It is a great way to add special visual effect to the video footage and widely used in film and video production to combine multiple images into a single image stream. Typical example is like having a news reporter standing in front of a green or blue screen as foreground and then overlaying the footage of a news reporter over a map or weather-radar scene in the background.
This system will help remove the mono tone color such as green, blue or black from the backdrop of the newscaster and synchronize it with the backdrop (weather map), causing the TV weather forecaster to appear standing in front of a large weather map or radar image.
Adjustable Color Keying Levels
There are push buttons on the front panel of this system for users to toggle through selection of different chroma color key effects to calibrate a chroma key effect. The unit's tolerance for error in the color keying can be adjusted manually. The dial on the front panel is used for adjusting the intensity level of color keying effect for both Chroma and luma level in order and achieve the best results desired.
- Phase keying: red, green, blue color background can be removed away by phase adjustment.
- Luma keying: red, green, blue, black, white background can be removed away by luminance level adjustment.
Luminance Key is especially useful when creating gray scale images, such as black-white images or brightness levels. The luma range control could determine that the key color is acceptable whether bright or dark, or only a tight brightness range to be keyed causing the unit to put in the background image where only slight shadows are cast in the foreground.
In luminance keying, the brightness level is set and all of the brighter (or dimmer, depending on the wishes of the camera operator) pixels are turned off. Then a second image can be slid in behind the actor that shows through where the pixels have been turned off.
Chroma keying can be processed even when there is no color information, such as when black or white is being used as the background color.
Superimposing Computer Generated Text/Graphics
This video overlay system can also work with PC equipped with TV video out port to add computer-generated text and computer graphics to live video feeds for educational or commercial purposes.
This equipment will overlay computer-generated
text, titles or images with external video feeds from video camera, DVD player,
video mixer and all other video sources. It will automatically genlock to the
video source, superimpose text or computer graphics onto video and output the
combined video signal in stable synchronization for smooth playback, recording or further
post production tasks.
Users can use computer to generate digital graphics, animation file or text messages on a mono tone color background such as blue, black, etc, which is to be keyed away by this system first and then overlaying with video feeds from the background input for subtitles, sales slogans or announcements.
How it Works
Inside the package users can find a captioning software cd included, which provides great tools and different templates with comprehensive selection of font styles, font colors, graphics and backgrounds. etc. The signage layout and positioning can all be done from using this caption software running on any Windows-based PC. [Note]: The computer to be used in the setup should have a composite video out port for input to this system. Otherwise a stand alone PC scan converter will be needed to convert the PC VGA output to a standard composite TV video signal first before feeding into this overlay system for process.
To create text or subtitles, users can use the editor from starting up the captioning software in a PC for:
- writing up text messages, subtitles or importing digital images to the editor screen for composing first before publishing them.
- adding company logos or icons or slogans for digital signage
- arranging text titles or messages in rolling or static style for advertisement to appear on videos.
This video overlay system works perfectly for many media centers to create informational video for corporate, digital signage, home or commercial applications. Also very popular application for churches and bible study groups who need to add computer-generated text such as song lyrics, titles, menu, descriptions to the live video content. Users can also use this system as a DIY tool for preparing Karaoke content by creating special visual effects like Icons, pictures, graphics, titles, subtitles, lyrics, deception, time clock, date, etc to the music video for private video production.
|Vertical Style Text Rolling||Horizontal Style Text Rolling|
Dual Channel TBC Processor
This digital video processor system is also featured with two full-frame channels with built-in Time Base Corrector, which can help re-generate all sync signals from the inputs and stabilize the video for smooth and quality video output.
Worldwide Video System Support
It also conveniently supports worldwide video standards including NTSC3.58, NTSC4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N and SECAM.
- Media centers to create informational video for corporate, digital signage, home or commercial applications.
- Instructors or teachers in bible study groups or class rooms wanting to put computer-generated text such as lyrics, titles, menu, descriptions to video content.
- Studio production or live stage events.
- Perfect DIY tool for preparing Karaoke content by creating special visual effects like Icons, pictures, graphics, titles, subtitles, lyrics, deception, time clock, date, etc to the music video for private video production.
- Digital signage or information broadcast setup.
- Stand alone video overlay processor with professional quality and features for live video production and creating virtual studio effects in real time.
- Great tool for multimedia applications used in education, training, information broadcast, digital signage and post production related tasks.
- Dual channel full frame time base corrector to re-generate the stabilized video sync for smooth output.
- Supports phase keying with red, green, blue color background to be removed away by phase adjustment.
- Supports luma keying with red, green, blue, black, white background to be removed away by luminance level adjustment.
- Overlaying computer-generated text, graphics and images onto video feeds for broadcasting when integrated with PC together.
- Dual layer chroma key for background and foreground video layers.
- Dual channel frame synchronization with full frame memory.
- Dual composite video inputs and dual s-video inputs for multiple key sources and background sources.
- 4 simultaneous video outputs (composite x 2 + S-Video x 2) to be hooked up with various video monitors, mixers and recorders for monitoring, live streaming or recording.
- Easy operation through push buttons for selecting different color effect and adjusting the color keying level to achieve best overlay results.
- fully plug and play, simple installation.
- Supports worldwide video standards including NTSC, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N and SECAM.
- Composite RCA x 1 (1.0 Vp-p 75 ohm)
- S-Video x 1 (Mini din 4-pin connector 0.3-1.0 Vp-p 75 ohm)
- Composite RCA x 1 (1.0 Vp-p 75 ohm)
- S-Video x 1 (Mini din 4-pin connector 0.3-1.0 Vp-p 75 ohm)
- Composite RCA x 2 (1.0 Vp-p 75 ohm)
- S-Video x 2 (Mini din 4-pin connector 0.3-1.0 Vp-p 75 ohm)
- Chroma Keying Process:
- Sampling Frequency: 8-bit, 4:2:2 , Y:13.5Mhz
- Sync Signal Processing: Two channels full frame with built-in TBC
- Differential Gain: +3%
- Differential Phase: +3 degree
- Phase Keying: Phase keying for red, green, blue color background by phase adjustment.
- Luma Keying: Luma keying for red, green, blue, black, white background by luminance level adjustment.
- Video System Support: NTSC3.58, NTSC4.43, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N, SECAM
- S/N: Composite Video: 48dB Y/C: 50dB
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degree C (32-104 degree F)
- Power Supply: AC 110-240V input wit DC 12V 1A output
- Power Consumption: 3.5W
- Dimension: 8"(W)x7"(D)x2.5"(H)
- Video overlay processor
- Power adapter kit
- User manual
- Caption software cd disc