IR Remote Control Over Cat5 Cat6 Extender + IR Remote Blaster Repeater
IR Remote Over Cat5 Cat6 Extender Kit + IR Remote
This IR remote control over CAT5 CAT6 extender kit provides users of all levels with an easy solution for extending IR remote control operation to greater distance by sending the infrared remote control signals as far as 800 feet over the flexible CAT5 or CAT6 cable.
Using inexpensive CAT5/6 cable. Users can use the original devices' remote controllers to manage and control multiple IR-controlled devices at local or distant site regardless of the barriers with no IR signal loss at all.
Its design allows users to conceal, yet still control bulky electronic equipment such as DVD, Blu-Ray, cable, satellite, stereo, amplifier, or any component controlled by an infrared (IR) signal through using existing infrared remote controllers to switch the AV components located behind closed doors, cabinet, closet or in other rooms/building.
This IR remote control kit contains 1 transmitter unit and 1 receiver unit to be placed at the far end near the source equipments. Users can manage up to 5 source equipments at the same time through using the original equipments' remote controllers when both the IR transmitter and receiver units are used. The maximum IR-controlled distance is 800 feet or 250 meters.
The transmitter itself can act as a stand alone 1 in 2 out IR remote blaster repeater for controlling local equipments.
The receiver unit can provide remote control for maximum of 3 A/V equipments at greater distance. The IR remote receiver/extender unit could be for optional use when longer distance control or more than 2 devices needed to be controlled behind closed doors or walls or inside the A/V cabinet or closet.
The way that this kit works is very easy to understand. The IR transmitter/repeater near users will pick up the IR remote signal then actively repeats and forwards the signal through the cat5 cable to reach the receiver end and emits the remote control signal through all IR blaster wires to command the devices at great distance for operation.
No location limits on where the devices to be controlled are, behind closed doors, walls, inside the cabinet or closet or in a different room or floor, the performance stays the same.
This kit can be widely deployed in all different IR-controlled setups such as home theater/entertainment setup, conference room, multimedia center, classroom, trade show, business presentation and other commercial A/V installations.
Setup of this IR remote extension kit is quick and easy. Simply plug the power adapter to either the transmitter or receiver unit first. Then install the receiver unit near your TV, A/V receiver or where you would like to point your remote control.
Next, run a Cat5 Ethernet cable between the IR transmitter and receiver. And plug all the IR blaster/emitter wires and IR sensor wire to transmitter and receiver unit accordingly. Finally position all the headers of the IR blaster wires to your IR-controlled equipments such as DVD player, stereo, DVR, or any other equipment. That is all you have to do.
1 In 2 Out IR Remote Repeater For Local Setup
The IR remote transmitter itself is a stand alone IR repeater. If users only need to control source equipments in the same room or close range, the IR transmitter unit will be sufficient enough. No need for connection with receiver unit.
The IR transmitter itself can act as a stand alone 1 in 2 out IR remote control blaster repeater through using the supplied splitter cords and IR blaster/emitter wires.
The IR remote receiver/extender unit could be for optional use when longer distance control or more than 2 devices needed to be controlled behind closed doors or walls or inside the A/V cabinet or closet.
1 In 3 Out IR Remote Long Distance Setup
If transmitter/repeater unit is used in conjunction with the remote receiver unit together with Cat5 or Cat6 cable linked, the IR receiver unit can provide total 3 IR outputs through using the supplied IR blaster/emitter wires for control 3 equipments at far end.
Long IR Remote Control Range With Solid Quality
The IR control signal transmitted by this kit is accurate and guaranteed the same as the original emitted when it reaches the far end. Solid IR remote control signal will be maintained all the way compared with unstable performance provided from those wireless type IR extender kits.
And the effective range that IR remote control signal can reach is extended as far as 800ft or 250 meters. This type of setup is very suitable for home theater, multimedia center, A/V control rooms, conference rooms, tradeshow Expo, auditorium, etc.
Easy Power Supply
Both the IR TX (transmitter/repeater) unit and RX (receiver/extender) unit share single one power supply. Connect the supplied power adapter to either the IR transmitter end or the IR receiver end.
And both units will get the needed power supply transmitted through the connected Ethernet Cat5 Cat6 cable from the powered IR TX or RX unit connected accordingly.
Easy IR Wire Extension
Each standard package includes 1 of IR remote sensor wire and 5 of IR remote blaster/emitter wires. Each wire has the same length of 6.5 feet. The IR blaster/emitter wires and the IR sensor wire all use the standard 3.5mm headphone plug. If you wish to extend these wires for longer cable length in the setup, you can simply use longer 3.5mm audio cables to join with these input/output wires for cable extension if needed.
- Great IR over Cat5/6 transmitter solution for extending IR remote control operation to greater distance by sending the infrared remote control signals over CAT5 or CAT6 cable.
- Using existing remote controllers to manage multiple IR-controlled devices through the door, cabinet, floors, walls or other barriers with maximum range of 800ft using one CAT5 or CAT6 Ethernet cable.
- Users can put IR-controlled electronic equipments out of sight, yet still able to operate them within 800ft/200m range.
- Supports IR remote control for maximum total of 5 different IR-controlled devices with 3 IR blaster outputs provided by the receiver/extender unit and 2 IR blaster outputs provided by IR transmitter/repeater unit.
- The IR transmitter itself can act as a stand alone 1 in 2 out IR remote control blaster repeater through using the supplied IR blaster/emitter wires.
- The IR receiver unit can provide total 3 IR outputs through using the supplied IR blaster/emitter wires for control 3 equipments at far end.
- Solid IR remote control signal guaranteed all the way compared with the wireless solution.
- Single power supply shared by both IR TX and RX unit. Power adapter can be connected into either the TX unit or RX unit.
- Wide-range product applications for home theater/entertainment setup, conference room, multimedia center, classroom, trade show, business presentation and other commercial A/V installations.
- Fully compliant with standard modulated IR and the latest IRDA.
- Remote units come with buffered and boosted outputs.
- Built with compact and sturdy metal enclosures.
- 6.5-feet long IR remote sensor wire and IR blaster/emitter wires included.
- IR remote sensor wire and IR blaster/emitter wires can easily be extended by using longer 3.5mm extension cables for desired distance.
- IR Remote Transmitter Unit:
- Input: IR Sensor Port x1
- Output: Ethernet Port x1 + IR Blaster Port x 2
- IR Remote Receiver Unit:
- Input: Ethernet Port x 1
- Output: IR Blaster Port x 3
- IR Receiver Frequency Range: 30 ~ 50 Khz
- Power Supply: 110V to 240V AC input with 5V/1A DC output
- Power Consumption: 0.5W
- Dimension: 62mm (W) � 50mm (D) � 23mm (H)
- Enclosure: Metal aluminum
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 degree C or 32 to 104 degree F
- Storage Temperature: -20 to 60 degree C or -4 to 140 degree F
- Relative Humidity: 20~60 % RH (non-condensing)
- IR Transmitter (Repeater) unit x 1
- IR Receiver (Extender) unit x 1
- 6.5-feet long IR remote control sensor wire x 5
- DC power adapter x 1 for transmitter or receiver use
- User manual