This external cable TV tuner unit doubles as a video up-converter and switcher. With the help of its advanced internal video processor, this multimedia TV converter delivers outstanding video quality that surpasses regular TV displays.
Simply connect multiple video sources thru this unit via composite RCA, S-Video or VGA connection and select the desired input to watch any cable channel, DVD video, computer screen or play video games on LCD monitor, projector or flat panel TV with sharp and clean picture quality.
This device supports multiple video signal inputs from:
- Coax cable for analog cable TV or private modulated coax system
- Set top box with coax out such as satellite receiver, DVR, etc.
- Digital media player such as DVD player, signage player, etc.
- Game consoles such as PS2, PS3, Xbox, Wii, etc.
- Video camera such as camcorder or security CCTV camera
- All other composite or s-video sources such as DVR, A/V receiver, etc.
- Desktop/Laptop computer with VGA output
TV channel or video input source selection and other functions can be controlled by using the supplied IR remote or push buttons on the unit. Manual buttons are for basic functions like power on/off, video input selection, TV channel up/down and volume control. Advanced features like PIP, POP, Mute, Menu and so on are available through the remote controller.
This multi-function TV video converter can be used as a standalone video converter switch or cascaded with other video equipments such video mixer, video switch or video splitter. Daisy chained to form a large display system, it can help professional installers expand current setup for clients as needed at any stage. This unit fits various applications such as:
- Classrooms, training center and conference room
- Public video broadcasting such as air ports, train stations, retail stores
- Media control rooms and multimedia center
- Tradeshows, hospitals, auditorium and command rooms
- Digital signage
This multi-function TV video converter scaler unit supports total of 4 video inputs including coax, composite RCA, S-Video and VGA Input. It can greatly expand the existing VGA display with more video/audio inputs. Users can connect various video devices together into this unit without hassles of changing around or unplugging cables all the time.
High Resolution Video To VGA Scaler
This external TV tuner/video converter can convert its coax input, CVSB input and S-Video input to VGA output at total of 9 selectable VGA resolutions, ranging from 800x600 and up to 1920 x 1200 pixels or 16:9 type at 1920 x 1080 for displays such as computer LCD monitor, projector, LCD TV or other VGA-based displays.
[Note]: This unit provides two outputs, VGA and RCA type. VGA is the main output and the optical RCA output is limited and available only when the input is TV coax. The VGA output resolution is selectable and the RCA video output resolution is standard 480i.
Premium RF Coax To RCA Demodulator
This multi-function video converter can also be served as a great coax to RCA A/V converter for those TVs or desktop monitors without coax inputs or broken RF TV tuner terminals. It also works for other RF coaxial sources such as satellite receivers, CCTV surveillance system, DVR and so on.
After connecting coax cable into this demodulator and completing the channel scan using a VGA display, this RF demodulator converts any modulated RF coax signals or analog cable TV signals into RCA type composite video and audio signals for output to any TV, DVR, video recorder, video monitor and so on through the composite RCA terminals.
The converted RCA video and audio signals from coax CATV input can also be used for working with media servers, A/V receivers or wireless transmitter.
The RF input of this coax to RCA demodulator can also be used for those satellite receivers with modulated TV2 out from DirecTV, Dish Network and FTA satellite for NTSC regions. Please check the user manual of your satellite receiver first and make sure that the coax output from your satellite set top box can be tuned to channel 3 or channel 4 or other TV channel on a regular TV or contact your satellite TV provider for verification.
With the built-in scan line doubler and advanced 3D-motion adaptive de-Interlacing technology, this converter delivers sharp and vivid image with vibrant color for TV channels or other video themes for all flat panel display.
The built-in video processor implements a special scan doubling technique to optimize the conversion process and outputs in progressive scan video formats. The use of extra interlaced fields reduces flicker without reducing resolution and helps minimize jagged edges on angled lines for big screen display.
Picture-In-Picture And POP Support
This unit allows users to show TV channels or DVD movie together with the computer screen if a PC is connected to this unit. With this PIP(Picture-in-Picture) feature, users can enjoy using computer and watching TV shows simultaneously on the same screen so never miss a show or favorite sports event.
- PIP Zoom: This function allows computer input shown as the main screen with a video sub screen inserted. The video sub window can vary in 3 sizes from 1/4, 1/9 and 1/16 of the screen and able to be relocated to anywhere on the computer screen.
- PIP Input: Select the desired input video source to be displayed on the video sub-window on the monitor.
- POP: For cable TV channel preview. The channel preview can be set as 3x3 or 4x4 matrix up to 16 channels at a time.
[Note]: The PIP function is only available through the VGA output of this converter. The RCA demodulator port does not support PIP and channel preview feature.
Easy OSD Menu Operation
When you press the "MENU" button on the remote control, the on-screen menu pops up with 6 main category icons on the VGA display screen as below. All the selectable functions provided in the OSD menu can be accessed from the remote controller:
- Picture Function: For all related video quality adjustment.
- Search Function: For scanning available TV channels.
- Audio Function: For all audio output setup and controls.
- Setup Function: For all system related setup such as input, display screen mode, output resolution and so on.
- Time Function: For sleep timer setting.
[Note]: The OSD menu display is only available through the VGA output of this converter. The RCA demodulator port can not display the OSD menu screen.
Advanced Video Enhancement
This unit is also featured with supporting the following setting in the hardware for enhancing the video output picture quality:
- De-noise: The De-noise filter detects noise in the video and removes it from the picture, greatly increasing the overall quality of your video. Adjust the noise reduction level to match the best performance with your display. There are 4 selections, High/Middle/Low/Off.
- Peaking: For enhancing the black color level to make the video more vivid. 2 selection, On/Off available. Black level controls clear expression of the dark area. When turning on this parameter, the color black becomes deeper black.
- GAMMA Correction: 4 preset levels, LCD/CRT/Bright/Off., for selection to match the performance of different monitor type.
- Full-Channel NTSC cable TV tuner for regular monitor or projector without coax input.
- Advanced RF coax to composite RCA video audio demodulator for converting RF coax signals from cable outlet, satellite box or CCTV surveillance camera system to composite RCA video/audio output for NTSC system use.
- Excellent video to VGA converter for converting interlaced video into progressive VGA type for great video clarity and sharpness.
- Support Picture-In-Picture function for watching cable TV or video from a sub-window while the compute takes the main screen.
- TV video sub-window can be resized and re-positioned to different location on the monitor screen when set at PIP mode.
- Supports POP mode for cable TV channel preview up to 16 channels at a time in 4x4 matrix.
- 4 selectable video inputs: RF/Coaxial, CVSB, SVHS and VGA pass through.
- 2 video outputs: VGA and the demodulator output from coax input.
- Supports SD and wide-screen ratio of 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10.
- Supports advanced video enhancement functions such as noise reduction, peaking/black level and gamma correction.
- Premium motion adaptive de-interlacer built in for minimizing jagged edges noticed on big screen.
- Selectable 9-level VGA RGBHV output resolutions with maximum output up to 1920 x 1200 and 16:9 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Adjustable controls of video color elements for brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, color temperature and picture modes.
- Supports CVSB and s-video inputs from all NTSC and PAL systems with automatic video mode detection.
- Supports stereo audio output.
- Supports sleep timer function for powering off the unit after a pre-set time interval.
- Full-function remote controller.
- Operated by either remote controller provided or manual push buttons on the converter unit.
- Used as standalone unit or cascaded with other video equipments such video mixer, video switch or video splitter.
- Compact and stylish design.
- VGA Output Range:
- 800x600 pixels @60/75Hz
- 1024x768 pixels @60/75Hz
- 1280x1024 pixels @60/75Hz
- 1366x768 pixels @60Hz
- 1440x900 pixels @60Hz
- 1600x1050 pixels @60Hz
- 1680x1200 pixels @ 60Hz
- 1920x1080 pixels @60Hz
- 1920x1200 pixels @60Hz
- Video Color Output Adjustment:
- Color Temperature: Normal, Warm, Cold mode
- Picture mode: Normal, User, Bright, Soft mode
- Video Inputs:
- RF Input: Coaxial 75 Ohm for NTSC system only
- Video Input1: Composite RCA
- Video Input2: S-Video
- Video Input 3: VGA in d-sub HD-15 Pin female
- Video Outputs:
- VGA output: D-sub HD-15 pin female
- Demodulator output: RCA composite video out exclusively from the RF coax input only [Note]: PC VGA input and other video inputs will not be converted through this demodulator port)
- Display Output Screen Ratio:
- Advanced Video Setting:
- De-noise: High/Middle/Low/Off
- Peaking On/Off
- GAMMA: LCD/CRT/Bright/Off
- Audio inputs:
- Audio Input 1: RCA audio L/R channels
- Audio Input 2: 3.5mm stereo
- Audio output:
- 3.5mm stereo or RCA L/R via the supplied audio adapter
- Dimension: 7.5"(W) x 5.5"(D) x 1.5"(H)
- Power Supply: 110-240V AC with 5V DC output, 1 Amp
- Video converter/tuner unit
- Remote controller
- 5V DC Power Adapter
- VGA cable
- 3.5mm stereo cable
- 3.5mm to 2 RCA audio jack adapter
- User manual