Stereo Audio Balun Extender Over Cat5 Cat5E Cat6 Cable
This stereo audio balun allows you to transmit stereo L/R channel or mono sound up to 250 feet using a low-cost Cat5/Cat5e/Cat-6 twisted pair Ethernet cable.
Many new homes already contain structured cabling systems of inexpensive twisted pair Ethernet cable. Now you can take advantage of such existing wiring by adding this audio extender balun to each end, and transmits analog stereo audio over Cat5/Cat5e/Cat-6 wire, rather than rewiring your home in order to send these signals from room to room.
This stereo audio extender kit is used in pair. Each standard package consists of one local audio transmitter module and one remote audio receiver module, allowing users to make out-of-the-way connections from a stereo or mono audio source to a remote speaker, audio receiver, stereo amplifier for further distribution and integration.
Perfect and cost-effective solution for extending audio signal for longer distance transmission and for a nice and neat setup , which is a must for all professional installers. This audio balun fits with various applications such as:
- Public audio/audio broadcasting such as air ports, train stations, retail stores
- Information kiosks or administrative consoles for control rooms and multimedia centers
- Tradeshows, hospitals, auditorium and command rooms
- Classrooms, training center and conference room
- Live stage events
The installation of this audio extender kit is super easy. It is all just plug and play by connecting cables between audio source, local transmitter module, remote receiver module and audio receiving equipment. Absolutely no setting or configuration needed for setup.
The local transmitter connects to a standard audio source such as CD/DVD player, Hi Fi stereo, audio receiver, cable box, etc. The receiver unit should be placed at the remote location for connection with speaker, audio receiver, stereo amplifier and so on. The transmitter and receiver units can then be linked using standard Cat5e or Cat6 cable so the installation is all done.
Low-Cost Cable Solution Maximum Flexibility
Cat5/Cat6 twisted pair cables are widely popular and already wired in many households, corporate buildings and campus, resulting in lower cost due to the mass production. And users can easily customize the cable length as needed at any time, eliminates logistics problems of having custom length of audio cables made in advance.
In addition, CAT-5 and CAT-6 twisted pair cables are also more flexible than regular coax and RCA cables. They are easier to hide away in offices, buildings and behind walls for ultimate flexibility. Nice and neat setup is also a must for all professional installers.
Long Range Audio Transmission
This stereo audio extender can transmit standard composite audio signal and power voltage for over 250-feet cable run while maintaining superior audio integrity with the same clear and sharp sonic quality outputs all the way as the original input. Absolutely no signal loss, no noise and no signal degrading quality after the long cable run.
- Perfect and cost-effective audio signal extension solution for transmitting composite audio signal and power over long distance using low-cost CAT-5, CAT-5e or CAT-6 network cable.
- UTP cables are easier to install and more flexible than other audio cables.
- Maximum signal transmission distance up to 250 feet.
- Twisted pair network cabling provides added protection against outside interference and increases overall signal transmission distances.
- Audio sonic quality will be retained all the way the same as the original audio input.
- No signal loss and no degradation after the long cable run.
- Passive circuitry with self bus-powered so no external power supply needed for the operation in both transmitter unit and receiver unit.
- Fully plug and play.
- Supports both stereo and mono audio.
- Audio Input Connector: 3.5mm Stereo mini x 1
- Audio Out Connector: 3.5mm Stereo mini x 1
- RJ45 Connector: 2 ( 1 for transmitter and 1 for receiver unit)
- Max Transmission Distance: 250 feet
- Bandwidth: 10 Hz to 50 kHz +/-3 dB
- Operating Temperature: -10C ~ +50C
- Environment Humidity: 0 ~ 95%
- Wire Type: UTP Category 5, 5e, or 6
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to 70°C
- Dimension: 0.5"(L)x0.5"(W) x1"(D)
- Stereo audio transmitter module x 1
- Stereo audio receiver module x 1