4-Port Remote Power Switch - Phone Control + Web Control
This professional remote power switch/distribution system is designed to provide power distribution and AC power control for remote equipments.
This remote power controller integrates versatile functions including remote power reboot, equipment power on/off control, electric current monitoring, device temperature monitoring and so on.
By building centralized power control for power equipments, this remote power switch helps administrators control network devices or power equipments from different locations and saves companies money as technical personnel can cover larger areas and multiple remote locations without wasting time on traveling. Other benefits from employing this intelligent power distribution system including:
- Reduction of server/data center downtime and labor costs with remote power control.
- Remote power source management.
- Complete power control via web, network, telephone, local terminal or push buttons on the panel.
- Network equipment monitoring and power rebooting (auto-ping/power reboot).
- Real-time power consumption monitoring, reporting and alarming
- Avoids power surges and UPS overloads by controlling power-on and power-off sequences.
- React on all power alert events in a predefined way.
Control of Power Ports
Each AC power plug can be independently powered on, off or power cycled for a immediate reboot or reboot with a timed delay and power event scheduling for network management, energy management and system security.
Complete control over when and in which sequence equipment is restored. with a time delay or scheduled for On/Off shutdowns to conserve energy in the data center. An absolute necessity to control servers, routers, network equipment and industrial machinery securely from your web browser. Eliminate service calls and increase reliability. Eliminate problems with brownouts and blackouts.
Power Control Via
Web / Telephone Keypad / RS232 Console
The superiority of this remote power switch over other power management products is its telephone control function. Even if networks lock up or Internet crashes, there is always an alternative telephone control option for controlling the monitored power devices. Administrators can be assured that they can always gain access to their powered devices no matter where they are in the world. 100% fail proof !
Other than the Ethernet and PSTN phone line connection, another option is to use serial cable to connect from a local terminal to the RS232 console port of this power switch. Through using the HyperTerminal protocols, system administrator can login into this remote power switch for controlling power on/off/reboot.
Remote Control Mode
- Web control through intuitive web browser Interface.
- Telephone control through phone keypads with control access.
Local Control Mode
- Master power on/off button allows manual override from the local site.
- Console Control - the built-in RS232 console port can be connected to a local terminal for controlling the switch when network connection not available.
Switch On/Off Powered Device Via
This intelligent power controller is also a telephone-controlled remote AC power switch. Anyone from anywhere in the world can call into this power controller for operation and work through using telephone key pad.
A phone-activated power control is a highly cost-effective alternative to web control operation. When the network service is down or not available, this smart power controller can still turn power on/off or reboot on command after users call into the device and gain full access and control of the power operation from remote location.
Administrator can assign security pass codes to any authorized personnel to have phone control over the the power switch.
This power switch will pick up the phone after a pre-defined number of rings. Entering the pass code on the phone after being prompted, users can perform the following 4 tasks:
- Controls the 4 power outlets' operation (ON/OFF or reboot) by pressing "1" from the phone keypad.
- Reports the total electrical current load by pressing "2" from keypad.
- Reports the temperature by press "3" from the keypad.
- Reports the current IP address of the remote power switch by press "4" from the phone keypad.
Each command entry by phone will be confirmed with machine voice to echo back the user's selection and the current outlet power status after entry made.
Web Control Operation
Its intuitive web control panel provides various important power control functions including remote power scheduling, remote power setting and remote power status report, which can all be accessed via internet or local network:
- Advanced Power Operation Scheduling
This unit can perform power operation at any specific moment or on daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis. For instance, users can program the connected power device to be turned on/off or rebooted performed daily at 11:00 AM, weekly on every Sunday at 7:00PM or yearly with specific month, day and time programmed in advanced.
- Arrange Power-Up Or Shutdown Sequence
With Timed Delay
Supports power cycling sequence with priority so each power outlet can be turned on/off or rebooted with timed delay in seconds or minutes to prevent all power devices from starting up simultaneously to cause sudden overloading or dropped loads.
- Auto Ping For Automatic Reboot Of Crashed
The auto-ping function will automatically check the monitored network device's IP address periodically. Once the network equipment failing to respond the ping request over the user-defined event counts and preset time period, the programmed power action will be executed, which can be a timed reboot and alert email sent. Up to 4 networked systems can be continuously monitored with auto-ping setup for automatic power control upon loss of contact.
- Secure User Access Control
This intelligent power switch supports multiple users access with password security. Manager can assign permissions for each user to access all or only the power outlets assigned.
- IP/Mac Filter Protection
This unit also supports firewall function by providing both IP and MAC address filters to prevent unauthorized user from gaining access to the switch and devices connected through the network.
|Web Control Panel Screenshots|
Load Consumption And Device Temperature
As data servers added to the setup, power requirements and heat output are also on the rise. This remote power management unit allows remote monitoring of total amperage draw on power devices connected and the surrounding temperature.
Both the temperature sensor and the AC (RMS) current meter are built into this power manager unit so no external sensor probes required. Its intelligent load current meter and temperature monitoring function helps administrators greatly to keep track of total electric current reading from power outlets and device temperature in order to prevent system overload in advance with better power management.
This power solution is SNMP-based so that alerts can be sent automatically by email or SMS text, if SMS server is deployed, to manager when amperage or temperature levels exceed established thresholds.
This intelligent power switch provides 3 different system shutdowns for safety measure:
By Current Overload
This remote power switch has a circuit breaker built in for protection of devices connected to the power switch. This remote power switch will be automatically shut down for responding to a current overload or short circuit condition.
This remote power switch has a temperature sensor built in for detecting the surrounding environment temperature. When the temperature reaches the preset value and lasts for preset time interval, the power switch will be shut down automatically. Also this power switch can be automatically turned back on again after it cools down to preset temperature point.
By Manual Push Button
A master power on/off button on the switch box itself for local operator to override the remote control mode and take control of this power switch in an emergency. No need to unplug the power cord or run to trip a breaker from the power panel.
Power Event Alert Notification
Warning alerts can be programmed to be sent out right after critical power conditions occur so manager can take preventive measures if needed. The alert message can be generated automatically via emails, SMS text messages or SNMP trap notification according to the pre-set conditions. Supports up to 4 recipient's email addresses for event logs and daily report.
Alerts will be sent in response to the following power events:
- Ping failure on the network devices such DSL modem, router and other IP devices.
- Device temperature rising above the preset value
- Electrical short circuit and current overload
Administrator can also check the operation events and warning events in the recent days. The event log can be viewed directly or archived by downloading from the web page in .csv file format and saved into the hard drive.
Equipment Protection / Energy Savings
Protect sensitive devices or valuable equipment by keeping them powered off when not in use. This prevents hackers from detecting them at all times.
Very suitable for energy related or network application by powering down equipments when not needed for power savings and to save on wear and tear or powering up environmental system such as UPS, power generator, heaters, coolers, pumps, fans, lighting, signage, network routers/hubs/switches, DSL/Cable modems, ATM's, servers, firewalls and security / surveillance system, etc. at scheduled time.
- Professional IP-addressable power distribution unit with built-in web server with 4 power outlets.
- Control power supply to remote equipments via internet or telephone without the presence of personnel.
- Real-time monitoring of amperage draw and site temperature through the internal sensor and current meter.
- All power outlets can be independently controlled locally and remotely.
- Power outlets can be turned on/off, power cycled for a immediate reboot or reboot with a timed delay, power cycle sequence with assigned priority and power event scheduling.
- Complete power control via web, network, telephone, local terminal or On/Off button on the front panel.
- Fail-safe RS-232 console port connection available when network is down or phone disconnected.
- Manual power on/off button to override the existing power status and gain immediate control from local access.
- LED displays for power status, total current and control mode indication.
- Supports power-up sequencing priority so power equipments can be started up properly in arranged way to prevent sudden overloading
Easy web scheduling
operations performed on specific outlet daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.
- Auto detect any failed network equipment and perform a timed reboot or other power control function.
- IP filter/mask function helps manage user privileges and prevent unauthorized access to the control menu through the network.
- Supports multi-users access management with secure password system to prevent unauthorized access.
- IP security masks help manage user privileges and prevent unauthorized access to the control menu through the network.
- Instant email and trap notification will be generated when power events occurred according to the preset event lists.
- Downloadable power event logs with all performed actions and power status/connection activities recorded.
- Early warning alert sent by email, SMS text message or SNMP TRAP to notify authorized personnel.
- Supports WOL(Wake On LAN) protocol for remotely starting up computers.
- Supports software safe shutdown function. Terminating running applications before powering off the computers or data servers.
- 15-AMP circuit breaker protection to avoid power overload and protect connected devices.
- WAP mobile phone control through using GPRS cell phone via WAP control.
- Designed for high voltage resistance and protection for leakage of electrical currency.
- Steel frame design with sturdy metal enclosure.
Remote power reboot of any device like:
- Network Routers, Cable/DSL Modems, Data Center, Servers or DSU/CSU,
- Kiosks,ATM Machines
- Alert Systems/Security Surveillance/DVR System
- Lighting Equipments/Lamps
- Industrial Machinery Equipments
- Power Sequencing: Control the sequence by which your power outlets and attached devices activate, helping prevent circuit overload, and ensuring that attached devices power-up in an appropriate sequence.
- Protection- Protect sensitive devices by keeping them powered off when not in use. This prevents hackers from seeing them at all times.
- Saving Energy- Power down equipment when not needed for power savings and to save on wear and tear.
- Security Notification- Power up alert devices like sirens, lamps, speakers.
- Intelligent Power Management- Power up environmental system like heaters, coolers, pumps, etc. with programmed schedules.
|Network Interface||Ethernet RJ45 port x 1|
|Phone Interface||PSTN RJ11 port x 1|
|Power Outlet Plug||
AC Power Outlet NEMA-15R x 4
|Console Interface||RS-232 serial port x 1|
|Frame Type||19" standard frame|
|Power Protection||15 Amp circuit breaker|
|On/Off Status||4 Green LEDs for 4 outlets|
|Control Mode||1 Green LED for LAN mode and 1 Orange LED for phone control mode|
|Current Meter||2-digit LED display panel for showing the current amp reading|
|Network Protocol Supports||
|Input Voltage Support Range||85V to 264V AC|
|Voltage Frequency Range||47-63Hz|
|Max Rated Current Output||
|Operating Temperature||32-140 degree F|
|Relative Humidity||0 - 95% non-condensing|
|Dimension||332 x 153 x 44 mm (W x D x H)|
- Remote power switch unit.
- AC power cord x 1.
- Manual/Utility CD disk
Click here to purchase the optional Ethernet To Wi-Fi module for converting this device into a wireless device