Remote Over HDMI Cable Kit
This IR remote extender uses your existing HDMI cable to carry the IR remote control signal so you can still use the IR remote to control the HDMI equipment from one room to the other through the traveling of existing HDMI cable.
This IR remote control over HDMI cable kit combine the external IR remote control signal with HDMI feed together with no signal attenuation or distortion.
This IR remote extender kit is an easy and low-cost way for extending the IR remote control range and controlling HDMI source device that is not within line of sight.
The maximum effective range for this IR control extender kit is 300 feet.
The kit consists two of small IR to HDMI adapters that will join with each end of your HDMI cable.
Each of the 2 IR to HDMI modules has a 3.5mm jack for the plug-in of IR remote receiver pigtail or IR transmitter pigtail so IR remote control signal can be merged with HDMI signal together into one cable run.
The IR receiver module should be joined with the end of the HDMI cable that goes into your HDMI display or HDTV.
The IR transmitter module is joined with the end of HDMI cable that connects with your HDMI equipment such as Blu-ray player, HD cable box, video game console, etc.
Wide-Range Support Of IR Remote Signal Types
This IR extender supports IR signals from 30~60KHz, which means that it works with "dual band" IR devices, which covers most of the home A/V devices.
The maximum effective range that this IR control extender kit allows is up to 300 feet.
Easy CEC/IR Remote Switching
This IR remote over HDMI kit uses the unused CEC channel of your HDMI cable for transmitting the IR signal through the same HDMI cable run.
Both the transmitter and receiver module have a switch that allows you to switch between IR injection mode and CEC channel pass-through.
CEC channel is used only for certain HDTVs that can send control commands to control your video sources. So if your TV support CEC, you will not need to extend your remote controls.
Easy Extender Wire Extension
The receiver module has an IR wire of 48" long and the transmitter module has a 56"-long IR wire.
If you need to extend this extender wire for longer distance, you can simply use longer 3.5mm audio extension cable on both ends of the wire since 3.5mm stereo cable is more readily available for much longer distance.
- A simple and low-cost solution for injecting the IR control signal into existing HDMI cable run for remote control with no extra IR extender gears needed at all.
- Extending the IR remote control range and controlling HDMI source device that is not within line of sight.
- Accurate and reliable reproduction of digital video signal, with no signal attenuation or distortion..
- The IR control kit allows the IR remote signal extensions for up to 300 feet.
- Selectable IR mode or CEC mode for operation.
- IR remote extender/senor wire can be easily extended using longer 3.5 mm audio cable for the distant setup.
- Works with most DVD players, home theater systems, satellite receivers, cable boxes, stereo receivers, audio video receivers and any other infrared remote control operated devices.
- Supports IR signals from 30~60KHz.
- Elegant and compact design of the transmitter and receiver is well fitted with modern home theater design.
- No external power supply needed.
- IR to HDMI module x 2
- IR transmitter dongle x 1
- IR receiver dongle x 1
- IR remote extension wire x 2