RCA Stereo Optical Audio To HDMI Encoder - No Video Input Needed
This HDMI DVI audio encoder/embedder allows users to embed a new audio feed from 3.5mm/RCA L/R or optical audio source into a HDMI or DVI signal or converting the audio output from CD player or Hi-Fi system to HDMI .
Its typical A/V applications include:
- replacing the original HDMI audio with different audio sound track
- converting analog stereo or multi-channel digital sound to HDMI output for audio alone while no video content is required
- combining audio signal with DVI video together for HDMI format output
- freeing up audio input on your AV amp by routing the analog or digital audio input through HDMI input instead
This HDMI DVI audio embedder supports 1 optical audio input, 1 of 3.5mm or RCA L/R input via adapter and a HDMI input, which is also backward compatible with DVI input.
Users can select between audio input for conversion or encoding.
The audio embedding process is automatically performed in real time with no lags. The HDMI input supports resolutions up to 4Kx2K pixels and pass-through of all HDMI 3D video and deep color modes.
Real-Time HDMI DVI Audio Encoding
This HDMI DVI audio processor provides users with easy external ways to swap the existing digital audio in HDMI signal with different audio feed or adding audio to DVI signal or simply converting audio signal into HDMI format with no video content included.
Easy Audio Input Channel Selection
This HDMI DVI audio combiner has an easy dip switch design. Users can manually select the desired audio input source to be embedded or converted through the DIP switch on the unit.
This dip switch setting helps A/V installer overcome audio issues during complex HDMI installation and offer great flexibility of selecting favorite audio for encoding and re-generating new HDMI feed for distribution, extension or integration.
Audio To HDMI Conversion
This HDMI audio encoder can also transcode only the analog stereo or digital audio signals into normal HDMI output while the video portion of the HDMI input is not required.
The audio-only HDMI output from this device can still be accepted and decoded by any HDMI receiver, HDMI switch/matrix, HDMI splitter, HDTV, allowing easy integration of typical audio sources with new HDMI distribution system to work together for audio broadcasting and distribution.
All analog stereo or digital surroundinput from RCA or optical input such as Dolby Digital 5.1, AC3, DTS and PCM 2-channel inputs are supported by this audio encoder.
Users can connect the following audio sources into this audio to HDMI converter :
- Stereo amplifier, Hi-Fi system
- Microphone or musical instrument such as keyboard
- CD/ DVD players or other multimedia player
- Portable MP3 players such as iPod
- laptop/desktop computer, tablet PC, iPad
- Reel-to-reel tape decks, cassette player
- MiniDisc (MD) players or LP player
- Radio tuners
- A/V mixers and home audio receiver
192Khz Sampling Rate Support
This device can accept audio inputs of digital S/PDIF in optical format or analog RCA L/R stereo and output them in HDMI format.
It supports digital audio sampling rates up to maximum of 192kHz and analog L/R sampling rate at 48kHz.
A/V integration With Cascading
This unit can be cascaded with other HDMI devices such as HDMI switchers/splitters or HDMI DVI distribution systems for achieving larger-scale setup and for applications requiring long cable runs like digital signage, information kiosks and so on.
- Replace the original HDMI audio by filtering out the original audio embedded in HDMI signal and mixing with different digital audio format for studio production or broadcasting.
- Encodes analog stereo or multi-channel surround sound into HDMI feed for new HDMI output.
- Supports resolutions up to 4Kx2K pixels and pass-through of all HDMI 3D video and deep color modes
- Combines DVI video with analog or digital audio for HDMI output further distribution.
- Real-time audio encoding with original sonic quality retained. No lags and no loss.
- Encoding optical audio of PCM 2CH, Dolby 5.1 and DTS 2CH/5.1 type input to HDMI audio for output.
- Encoding analog stereo from its 3.5mm input or RCA L/R input (via adapter) to HDMI for output.
- Easy dip switch design for users to choose input audio channel between HDMI, Optical or RCA L/R before encoding.
- Fully supports HDMI 1.3, HDCP 1.2 and DVI 1.0
- The repeater function auto equalizes and compensates for HDMI/ DVI signal loss and extends the cable reach to maximum distance.
- Maximum HDMI extension range can be up to 15m/ 50ft for 1080p with 8-bit transmission or 10m/ 32ft for 1080p with 12-bit transmission.
- Can be cascaded with other HDMI devices such as HDMI switchers/splitters or HDMI DVI distribution systems for achieving larger-scale setup and for applications requiring long cable runs like digital signage, information kiosks and so on.
- Ideal HDMI audio solution for applications such as home entertainment, video conference, home theater, business presentation, classroom and so on.
- HDMI Input: HDMI female x 1 or DVI via using DVI to HDMI adapter cable (not included)
- Audio Inputs:
- Digital Audio Input: Optical Toslink female x 1
- Analog Audio Input: 3.5mm stereo x 1 or RCA x 2 via adapter supplied
- HDMI Output: HDMI female x 1
- HDMI Input Resolution Support: 480p, 575p, 720p, 1080i,1080p, 4Kx2K
- Digital Compliance: HDMI 1.3, HDCP 1.2 and DVI 1.0
- Video Color Format Support: 24-bit, 30-bit and 36-bit deep color video
- HDMI Audio Format Support: PCM 2CH, LPCM 5.1, LPCM 7.1, Dolby Digital 5.1, AC3, D-True HD, DTS-HD
- Optical Audio Format Support: PCM 2CH or DTS 2CH, DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1, AC3
- Analog Audio Format Support: Analog stereo L/R
- HDMI Audio Sampling Rate: up to 192kHz max
- Optical Audio Sample Rate: up to 48kHz max
- Power Supply: 110-240V AC input with DC 5V 2A output
- Dimension: 95mm [W] x 82mm [D] x 24mm [H]
- HDMI audio encoder unit
- 3.5mm to 2 RCA adapter
- DC power adapter
- User manual