BNC Video + DC Power
Over Cat5 Cat5E Cat6 Extender
This composite BNC video balun allows you to transmit standard composite video up to 1500 feet using a low-cost Cat5/Cat5e/Cat-6 twisted pair Ethernet cable.
Many new homes already contain structured cabling systems of inexpensive twisted pair Ethernet cable. Now you can take advantage of such existing wiring by adding this video extender balun to each end, and transmits analog video over Cat5/Cat5e/Cat-6 wire, rather than rewiring your home in order to send these signals from room to room.
This composite BNC video extender kit is used in pair. Each standard package consists of one local video transmitter module and one remote video receiver module, allowing users to make out-of-the-way connections from a standard video source to a remote video monitor, switcher or DVR for further integration.
Perfect and cost-effective solution for extending video or audio signal for longer distance transmission and for a nice and neat setup , which is a must for all professional installers. This video balun fits with various applications such as:
- Public video/audio broadcasting such as air ports, train stations, retail stores
- Information kiosks or administrative consoles for security surveillance companies/control centers
- Media control rooms and multimedia center
- Tradeshows, hospitals, auditorium and command rooms
- Classrooms, training center and conference room
- Digital signage
The installation of this video extender kit is super easy. It is all just plug and play by connecting cables between video source, transmitter module, receiver module and end receiving equipment. Absolutely no settings or configuration needed for setup.
The local transmitter connects to a video source such as CCTV video camera, DVD player, cable box, DVR, etc. The receiver unit should be placed at the remote location for connection with the video monitor, TV display, video recorder and so on. The BNC transmitter and receiver units can then be linked using standard Cat5e or Cat6 cable so the installation is all done.
Low-Cost Cable Solution Maximum Flexibility
Cat5/Cat6 twisted pair cables are widely popular and already wired in many households, corporate buildings and campus, resulting in lower cost due to the mass production. And users can easily customize the cable length as needed at any time, eliminates logistics problems of having custom length of video cables made in advance.
In addition, CAT-5 and CAT-6 twisted pair cables are also more flexible than regular coax and BNC cables. They are easier to hide away in offices, buildings and behind walls for ultimate flexibility. Nice and neat setup is also a must for all professional installers.
Long Range Video Transmission
This BNC video extender can transmit standard composite video signal and power voltage for over 1500-feet cable run while maintaining superior video integrity with the same clear and sharp image quality outputs all the way as the original input.
Power Over Cat5 Cat6 Extension
This video extender can also extend the DC power supply over the same twisted pair cable. Both transmitter and receiver have DC terminal connector for transmitting the DC power supply from a local power adapter to the remote site for devices such as surveillance camera or other DC-powered electronic devices.
This DC power extension is for optional use and mostly needed for surveillance camera setup. For the pins used for video and power transmission, please see the following diagram:
- Perfect and cost-effective video signal extension solution for transmitting composite video signal and power over long distance using low-cost CAT-5, CAT-5e or CAT-6 network cable.
- UTP cables are easier to install and more flexible than other video cables.
- Maximum signal transmission distance up to 1,500 feet.
- Twisted pair network cabling provides added protection against outside interference and increases overall signal transmission distances.
- Signal quality will be retained all the way the same as the original input.
- No signal loss and no degradation after the long cable run.
- Passive circuitry with self bus-powered so no external power supply needed for the operation in both transmitter unit and receiver unit.
- Great DC power extension solution for transmitting the DC power supply from a local power adapter to the remote site for devices such as surveillance camera or other DC-powered electronic devices.
- Supports all video systems including NTSC, PAL and SECAM.
- Ideal for security and monitoring applications with such equipment as CCTV surveillance cameras, DVRs, video monitors, tradeshow, video multiplexers and video matrix systems.
- Video Input Connector: BNC male x 1
- Video Out Connector: BNC male x 1
- Video Input/Output Signal: 75 Ohm, 1V p-p
- Power Input: 1
- Power Output: 1
- RJ45 Connector: 2
- Max Transmission Distance: 1500 feet
- Operating Temperature: -10C ~ +50C
- Environment Humidity: 0 ~ 95%
- Video Format Support: NTSC, PAL, SECAM
- Wire Type: UTP Category 5, 5e, or 6
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to 70°C
- Dimension: 0.7"(W) x 0.6"(H) x 1.2"(D)
- BNC video transmitter module x 1
- BNC video receiver module x 1
- DC power wire