With Picture-In-Picture Digital Effect Processor
Now it is even easier to get professional video/audio special effects presented in your events using this advanced video audio mixer. Any one can create real-time video transition and key effects for excellent performance with professional-level effects.
This video/audio mixer with digital effect processor makes your video and audio come alive through various stunning digital effects. Effects like strobe, mosaic, paint, still and negative can be applied to both video channels. Size and position of the effects can be adjusted with the joystick.
Users can choose multiple digital effects at the same time to achieve simultaneous results, create powerful live content for broadcasting and maximize the impact of your presentation for audience.
Its all-in-1 design integrates advanced functions of video mixer, audio mixer and A/V switcher together into one single unit for comprehensive product applications. This digital effect A/V processor is also featured with composition effects such as picture-in-picture, Chroma key and Luma key capability. Its comprehensive studio digital effects such as mosaic, strobe, paint, negative, wipe and fade effects are all great tools to be used during video capturing and video editing stage.
This unit is equipped with multiple
video audio inputs, outputs and loop-throughs plus dual time base correction. It can effectively wipe, dissolve, fade and make transitions between video/audio segments. All the audio and video transition
levels between A/B sources are easily managed through the slide controls on the
This system is very suitable for worldwide operation because it supports worldwide TV broadcast standards including NTSC, PAL, PAL-M,PAL-N and SECAM.
This A/V mixer provides comprehensive video/audio inputs gives editors versatile flexibility and options for selecting more video and audio feeds than ever. The two selected A/V input sources will be re-synchronized in the mixer hardware for smooth transitions and dissolves between scenes, resulting stable and synchronized image outputs.
This audio video processor supports multiple video/audio source inputs including:
- 2 composite RCA video inputs
- 2 s-video inputs (standard Y/C Inputs with Y signal)
- 2 stereo RCA L/R audio inputs
- 1 auxiliary stereo audio Input
- 1 microphone input
Also multiple video/audio outputs are supported:
- 2 composite RCA video outputs
- 2 s-video outputs
- 2 stereo RCA L/R outputs
- 1 headphone output (1/8" phone jack x 1, 8 Ohm)
- 4 video pass-throughs: 4 composite loop-through for all video input channels. This is designed for helping users monitor each input source before transition applied.
Joystick Design For
This unit is featured with a pro-style joystick design. This joystick provides users with precise control about areas of digital effects to be applied on the screen for wipes and picture-in-picture operations. The joystick movement helps users manage:
- positioning the PIP video window location to anywhere on the screen as needed.
- controlling the center wipe effect to be applied on areas of the screen to achieve the desired video channel transition results.
- applying all other digital special effects anywhere on the screen as needed.
This multi-function video mixer also supports PIP function for displaying two video channels on the same screen at the same time. With PIP support, users can view two video sources on the same TV from sources such as VCR/DVD players, camcorders, satellite receiver box, computer, CCTV surveillance camera or other A/V V systems.
- Users can assign the input channel for the PIP sub-video window.
- The PIP screen size can be controlled through the push buttons for 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 of the screen located on the control panel.
- Users can choose whether PIP screen to be shown with or without border lines.
- The PIP screen location can be put anywhere over the main screen by using the joy stick on the control panel.
- The PIP screen can dissolve into the background scene.
Video Transition Model Control
These video mode control keys in this section allow users to select the type of transitional pattern to be applied in the progress between A/B sources. All transitions are easily managed by using the A/B slide control located in the Video Source Select box.
These buttons allow users to select a variety of wipe patterns, PIP modes and color key selections. Some of the buttons in this section are marked 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 indicating multi-stage operation. Each time users press such a button it advances to the next stage.
All the supported transition modes are detailed as follows:
- WIPE mode: Replace one source with another using a variety of wipe patterns available from the "FUNCTIONS" panel. There are option for the shape of wipe pattern such as straight wipe, corner wipe, split wipe, square wipe, diagonal wipe, triangle wipe and multiple wipe.
- PIP (Picture-in-Picture) mode: This mode allows users to insert a smaller video sub window from the secondary input (source B) to the main screen displaying the main source A. The PIP window can be positioned using the joystick control and the A/B slide control so users can have the PIP window fade in and out. The PIP window sizes are available for 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4 of the screen size and can be shown with or without a border selected in the function box.
- MIX mode: Users may use this function to dissolve/transition from one input source to another smoothly and gradually using the A/B slide control.
- KEY mode: Replace one source with another by keying on a pre-selected color (Blue key) or brightness (Luma key). For example, when keyed on black, Source A would replace source B beginning with all black areas of color and progressing to a complete transition. The slide control adjusts for color intensity or brightness to optimize keying the function buttons (Blue and Luma keys). Each has two settings, so you can replace the blue with the other source or replace everything except the blue with the other source. A Source and B Source buttons let you select which source is used to key.
- Auto Fade/Wipe mode: This is used for
performing the wipes and fades automatically at the speed defined by users.
Press the ON button to activate the AUTO WIPE control. Press the START
button to execute the transition.
The speed of the wipe is determined by the setting of the control slide located in the Video Source Select box. Fade/Wipe transition time can be adjusted by operating the slide bar, selectable between wipe or mix effects and has a auto wipe/fade control.
|WIPE mode||PIP Mode||Fade In/Fade Out/Mixing|
Video Composition Functions
The manual push buttons on this section of the control panel will allow users to select various wipe patterns, PIP modes and color keys. Some of these buttons are marked 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 indicating there are two, three or four levels of special effects available for mixing into the operation. Each press of such a button advances users to the next level of effect selected.
These function control buttons are also color coded in coordination with the color-coding on the buttons in the video transition mode section. For example, when the purple WIPE button is selected from the mode control section, all the purple color buttons in this Function section are available for operation. The MULTI SCREEN button here provides a variety of unique wipe patterns including diamond shapes and window-blind effects but it only works while set in the WIPE mode.
Digital Video Effect Controls
This special video mixer processor provides total of 5 digitally generated special effects that can be applied to video images from source A, B or both. All special video effects can be used alone or in combination. All of the effects can be turned on or off by pressing the EFFECTS ON button. The red LED light indicates which effects are selected and whether they are turned on or off.
These 5 digital video effects are:
- STILL: The STILL effect freezes the picture on the screen but the audio track continues playing. Press once to select STILL, press a second time to turn off. The red LED is on when the STILL effect is selected.
- STROBE: The STROBE effect creates video stop-action effects. Three STROBE speeds available. Press once to turn on STROBE at high speed, press 2nd time for medium speed and press 3rd time for low speed. Press 4th to turn off.
- MOSAIC: The MOSAIC effect breaks up the video image into tiny square patterns so to make the selected image area not recognizable. Commonly used in disguising identities of the objects. There are three sizes of MOSAIC squares available for selection.
- PAINT: The PAINT effect (Posterization) merges shades of colors and creates an abstract type of picture. Three levels of intensity are available.
- NEGATIVE: The NEGATIVE effect creates a negative image of the video selected. Press once to select NEGATIVE and press a second time to turn off.
[Note]: These effects can be combined. STILL or STROBE can be used with MOSAIC, PAINT and NEGATIVE. Select several effects at once and apply when desired by pressing the EFFECTS ON button.
/ Luma Key Effects
This digital video effect processor is a stand alone video overlay solution for empowering users to create stunning virtual studio effects in real time. It is equipped with both Chroma Key and Luminance Key. Keying allows isolation of images and superimposing one image over another, great tool for all multimedia applications involved with creating composited video effects to be used in education, advertising, media center, video studios, wedding video graphers and all post production related tasks.
There are two KEY modes: the chroma key (blue key screen) or the luminance key (black and white key) to isolate images and superimpose onto other scenes. As you make the transition, the key color is replaced by the secondary image:
- Chroma Key Effect:
- Blue Key
- Adjustable key level
- Normal or reverse key
- Luma Key Effect:
- Adjustable from black to while
- Normal or reverse key
A typical use for BLUE KEY edits is when news broadcasts superimpose a weather map behind the weatherman, who stands in front of a blue background. LUMA KEY keys on the brightness levels. BLUE KEY keys on a specific shade of blue.
Color Keying Selection
The background color control button allows users to select one out of the 8 color keys to use in wipes and edits keying on colors. Available color choices are BLUE, RED, MAGENTA, GREEN, CYAN, YELLOW, WHITE and BLACK. The wide range of background color keying selection benefits users for overlaying videos.
Users can easily adjust for color intensity or brightness to optimize the keying effect through using the A/B slide control located in the Video Source Select box for the color key effect to take place.
Professional 4-Channel Audio Mixer
The built-in audio mixer section allows for mixing and controlling the input and output levels of the audio tracks from 4 different audio sources including 2 video sources,1 stereo audio source (background music) and a microphone input.
This easy-to-use audio mixer is operated by slide controls. One control sets the mix level between the sources and the others adjust the input levels of the various sources and the master output level.
Audio tracks for Input #1 and Input #2 are routed through the audio mixer controls. If Input #1 and #2 are being used, you can use the auxiliary audio input as a 3rd audio track.
In addition to the audio tracks coming from the video sources, users can also add audio from a microphone input, which will let users do voice-overs like adding narration, introduction or summary to an edited video clip.
With all these audio input channels available, users can add and mix more music or other audio soundtracks easily and efficiently. Great feature for DJ or media room director to slowly progress the audio sound track from one input source to another input when the slide control is moved from the top to the bottom.
There is also a extra headphone output for private listening or monitoring purpose.
- All-In-1 video mixer, audio mixer, special video effect generator and chroma key processor.
- Professional-quality mixing results with vibrant colors and crystal clear picture-quality.
- Standalone 2-channel digital effect generator to perform real-time video effects and transitions between A/B sources.
- 2-channel full-field digital synchronization allows video/audio mixing of any two A/V sources in real time with no lags.
- Worldwide video system support including all NTSC, PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N and SECAM.
- Professional-style joystick control design for easy and accurate selection of screen areas for digital effects.
- Easy video transition level control with using the A/B slide control.
- Multiple video/audio inputs gives editors with versatile flexibility and options for video and audio source selections.
- 2 composite RCA video inputs + 2 S-Video inputs.
- 2 stereo RCA L/R audio inputs + 1 Aux input + 1 microphone input.
- 4 simultaneous video outputs + 4 video input loop-throughs for monitoring purposes.
- Supports overlay function with Blue chroma and Luma black/white key functions.
- Supports studio digital effects including Mosaic, Strobe, Paint, Still Image, Negative, PIP, Mix, Wipe and Fade effects during video capturing and video editing stage.
- Full-featured PIP operation with 3 selectable window sizes.
- Adjustable PIP position through using the joystick on the unit to relocate the PIP window for the 2nd video screen to be at any location on top of the main screen.
- Wide range support of wipe patterns plus 8 different selective background colors.
- Professional 4-channel audio mixer for composing and mixing the soundtrack from 4 different source channels including 2 from video sources,1 from stereo audio source (background music) and the other from a microphone input.
- Pro-style joystick design helps users with precise control about areas of digital effects to be applied on the screen for wipes and picture-in-picture operations.
- Audio can be processed either separately or in combination with a video source.
- One headphone output for private listening or monitoring purpose.
|Video Pass Through||
|Digital Video Special Effects||
|Chroma Key Effects||
|Luma Key Effects||
|Background Colors||White, Yellow, Cyan, Green, Magenta, Red, Blue, Black|
|Wipe Patterns||96 patterns|
|Auto Wipe/Fade||Adjustable auto fade / wipe speed|
|Video Standards Support||NTSC, NTSC 4.43, PAL, PAL-M,PAL-N and SECAM.|
|Dimensions||15.6 (W) x 11.3 (D) x 2 (H) inches|