Analog Stereo To Digital Optical S/PDIF Audio Converter
This high quality ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) is designed for converting from stereo L/R input to Coaxial S/PDIF and Toslink Optical outputs simultaneously.
A great audio adapter to help you convert conventional analog audio devices like DVD player, iPod/MP3, computer sound card or to digital audio in Optical Toslink and Coaxial S/PDIF format for audio receiver, amplifier, home theater system, speaker and other receiving devices.
100% Hardware Real-Time Audio
This unit adopts the advanced audio encoding hardware chip to transcode the audio information digitally with precision. The digital output audio signal of this A/D converter is 2-channel uncompressed LPCM (Linear Pulse Code Modulation) with sampling rate at 48 KHz, which is the standard form for digital audio on audio compact disks.
Digital Audio Signal
This digital audio converter's circuitry requires to be powered from its external AC/DC adapter so the unit can also help boost the digital audio signal somewhere along the cable run to work as a repeater. Both Optical Fiber and Coaxial cables connected to the outputs of this digital audio converter can run up to 16 feet while maintaining the audio signal level true to the original all the way during the signal transmission with no degradation for maximum fidelity.
Dual Digital Audio Outputs
This analog to digital audio converter is very useful when audio equipments to be interfaced with do not have matching audio interconnects. Its simultaneous digital optical and digital coaxial outputs can be used at the same time for maximum installation flexibility.
Also great when pre-installed audio wiring requires stereo audio to travel over one coaxial cable. It is also perfect for use with baluns that only offer digital audio pathways.
Great Gadget For
Home/Professional A/V Installation
Designed to be immune from electromagnetic noise and is easy to install and operate. This product is a very handy gadget recommended for either home or professional audio switching system or installation. Must have item for digital audio recorders, audio mixers and other stereo broadcast equipments.
[Note]: This audio converter is used for converting from analog stereo to digital audio only. It does not work in the opposite direction. It can not be used for converting the TV optical out to analog stereo for your stereo recevier or amplifier. For converting digital optical or S/PDIF audio to analog stereo sound, please use our AU-DA model or AU-DAII model.
- High-performance stereo audio analog-to-digital (A/D) S/PDIF converter designed for professional and home audio applications.
- Adopts the advanced audio encoding hardware chip to transcode the audio information digitally with precision.
- Converts any analog stereo audio signal into both digital coaxial and digital optical audio formats.
- Legacy audio sources such as a tape deck or VCR can be converted to 2.0 PCM for integration with an amplifier's digital input.
- Supports uncompressed 2-channel PCM digital audio output.
- Simultaneous optical Toslink output and digital coaxial output.
- Perfect for use with baluns that only offer digital audio pathways.
- Dynamic performance with PCM output.
- Supports PCM output sampling rate up to 48kHz.
- Provides electromagnetic-noise-free transmission.
- locking DC connector for added security.
- Digital recorders and mixing desks
- Digital audio effects processors
- Pro audio mixers
- Broadcast studio equipment
- Surround sound encoders
- High-end A/V receivers
- Analog Stereo Audio (R/L) 1x via 2x RCA Connectors
- 1 Optical digital audio output via Toslink Connector
- 1 Coaxial digital output via RCA Connector
- Input Level (Analog) (L/R) 2Vrms max @ 47KU
- Output Level (Coaxial) 0.5~1Vp-p@75U
- Output (Optical) Standard Fiber-Optic Level
- Bandwidth 20Hz to 20 KHz
- Sampling Rate: 48kHz
- Analog Input Impedance 47KU
- Digital Output Impedance 75U (Coaxial)
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 122 degree F
- Operating Humidity 10% to 90%, Non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: 14 to 140 degree F
- Storage Humidity 10% to 90%, Non-condensing
- 110-240V AC input with 5V DC 500mA output
- Digital audio converter
- 5V DC power adapter
- Operation manual